For more details on our reopening please see: YMCA Reopening.
The YMCA pool is now open for lap swimming, swim team, and the zero-depth entry area for families, by reservation.
Make a Pool Reservation
- Reservations are required.
- Reservations open 48 hours in advance.
- $15 no-show fee: starting Saturday, July 11, we will charge $15 for a missed lane reservation. You can cancel your reservation at any time, but you MUST cancel. If you don’t cancel and don’t show, you will be charged.
- No equipment will be available (kickboards, pull buoy, water exercise equipment).
- On deck shower available to rinse chlorine off after your swim (locker rooms are closed).
- Family changing rooms are available for restroom use & shower use.
- All pool reservations will open 48 hours prior to the reservation.
For lap swimming:
- Reserved lanes may be used for lap swim, water walking, water jogging, or water exercise.
- While there is typically only 1 swimmer per lane, up to 3 members of the same household may share a lane during the same reservation time.
For the zero-depth entry area:
- There is one family unit allowed per 45-minute time slot.
- Reservations are available on Saturdays & Sundays. Please sign in to the reservation system to see what is available and book a time.
Swim Lessons | Brooks Family YMCA
We offer swim lessons for 6 months old up to adults. Lessons range from 30-40 minutes depending on the age. We offer morning, evening and weekend classes. We also offer swim lessons for diverse abilities, as well as private and semi-private lessons.
Group Swim Lesson Level Selector
All age groups are taught the same skills but divided according to their developmental milestones. To determine which stage the student is ready for, download the selector guide.
Lesson Selector (PDF) >
COVID-19 Swim Lesson Guidelines for Summer 2020:
- Parents need to be in the pool with all swim lesson participants under the age of 13, as instructors will be observing social distancing requirements and cannot directly assist participants.
- The 10-minute time period between classes is shortened to 5 minutes, so some classes have different start and end times than they have in the past.
- We are only offering one set of classes per session, so registration is limited. Registration is capped for all classes at 4 participants.
- Currently, no Parent/Child or Teen/Adult classes are offered.
Summer 2020 Swim Lesson Flyer (PDF) > [updated 6/17/20]
Registration for swim lessons is open. Registration closes the Monday prior to the week of classes beginning unless classes fill prior to that date. You can register online or in person at the Brooks Family YMCA.
Private swim lessons
||$28 YMCA members
||$102 YMCA members
||$200 YMCA Members
Semi-Private (price is per swimmer)
||$18 YMCA members
||$65 YMCA members
||$127 YMCA Members
Now Hiring Lifeguards & Instructors
About our Lifeguard, Swim Instructor opportunities (PDF) >