BROOKS FAMILY YMCA
Full-facility, 79,000-square-foot YMCA including 2 indoor pools, fitness center, gymnasium, walking track, group exercise, play zone, and community room. Take a virtual tour!
151 McIntire Park Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22902
PHONE: (434) 974-YMCA
View on Google Maps / access via 250 or Rugby Avenue
The Brooks Family YMCA is part of the nonprofit Piedmont YMCA Association.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday-Friday: 5:30am - 9pm
- Saturday: 7am - 6pm
- Sunday: 12pm - 6pm
2022 HOLIDAY HOURS
- New Year's Day 7am-3pm
- Easter Sunday CLOSED
- Memorial Day 7am-3pm
- July 4th 7am-3pm
- Labor Day 7am-3pm
- Thanksgiving Day CLOSED
- Christmas Eve 7am-3pm
- Christmas Day CLOSED
- New Year's Eve 7am-3pm
*Group exercise will have a modified schedule on holidays.
Holiday hours are generally 7am-3pm. When a holiday falls on a Sunday, holiday hours are 12pm-3pm.
STAY & PLAY HOURS
Stay & Play is available by reservation. See current policies >
- Monday - Friday 8am-12pm; 4-7pm
- Saturday | 8am-12pm
- Sunday | 12-4pm
The Brooks Family YMCA gym offers:
Take a virtual tour
Floorplan/map (PDF) >
MAKE A RESERVATION
As of June 1, 2022, reservations are ONLY required for cycle classes and lap swimming at the Y!
We are no longer taking reservations for group exercise classes other than cycle classes. Cycle classes requiring a reservation include: Cycle, SPRINT, RPM, and Cycle-Pilates. You'll see this clearly marked on our app & group exercise calendar.
- Reservations open 48 hours in advance.
- $15 no-show fee for Aquatics and Cycle class unused + uncancelled reservations. Group Ex reservations must be cancelled 1hr+ in advance to avoid a no-show fee.
- To make a reservation, you must sign in to Virtuagym.
- You can also sign in via the Virtuagym app.
- For more information, please see our Virtuagym Member Guide [PDF] > [Updated Jan 2021]
- If you need help activating your account, please call the membership desk at (434) 974-9622.
BROOKS YMCA POLICIES
- Masks are optional for people who are fully vaccinated. We continue to recommend that all members wear masks while in the facility.
- Please continue to wear a mask if you have not yet been vaccinated or if you wish to wear one as a personal safety measure.
- Members 16+ years of age may enter the YMCA without restrictions.
- Members 13-15 years of age may use the YMCA by themselves after having completed our Teen Program with a Wellness Staff Attendant.
- Children 12 and under MUST be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian (18+) to enter the YMCA for any reason, including lessons or programs.
Members and guests using the Brooks Family YMCA are required to wear shirts, shorts, and athletic shoes. For safety purposes, shoes must have closed toes and heels, and rubber soles. The staff reserves the right to deny access to the YMCA if a member or guest’s attire is considered unsafe or inappropriate.