BROOKS FAMILY YMCA
Full-facility, 79,000-square-foot YMCA including 2 indoor pools, fitness center, gymnasium, walking track, group exercise, play zone, and community room. Take a virtual tour!
151 McIntire Park Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22902
PHONE: (434) 974-YMCA
View on Google Maps / access via 250 or Rugby Avenue
The Brooks Family YMCA is part of the nonprofit Piedmont YMCA Association.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday-Friday: 5:30am - 9pm
- Saturday: 7am - 6pm
- Sunday: 12pm - 6pm
- New Year's Eve 6am-3pm
- New Year's Day 7am-3pm
- Easter Sunday CLOSED
- Memorial Day 7am-3pm
- July 4th 7am-3pm
- Labor Day 7am-3pm
- Thanksgiving Day CLOSED
- Christmas Eve 7am-3pm
- Christmas Day CLOSED
*Group exercise will have a modified schedule on holidays.
STAY & PLAY HOURS
Stay & Play is available by reservation. See current policies >
- Monday - Friday 9am-12pm; 4-6pm (4-7 pm beginning Monday, January 11, 2021)
- Saturday | 9am-12pm
- Sunday | 12-3pm
MAKE A RESERVATION
Reservations are currently required for: Aquatics, Basketball Court, Group Exercise, and Stay & Play. Please bring your own mat, ball, or equipment.
- Reservations open 48 hours in advance.
- $15 no-show fee for Aquatics and Group Ex unused + uncancelled reservations. Group Ex reservations must be cancelled 1hr+ in advance to avoid a no-show fee.
- To make a reservation, you must sign in to Virtuagym.
- You can also sign in via the Virtuagym app.
- For more information, please see our Virtuagym Member Guide [PDF] > [Updated Jan 2021]
- If you need help activating your account, please call the membership desk at (434) 974-9622.
BROOKS YMCA POLICIES
A mask is required everywhere in the facility, with a few exceptions. Members may remove their mask ONLY while:
- using cardio equipment (treadmill, elliptical, bike, or rower),
- attending an organized class in Studio A or B,
- swimming in the pool,
- shooting hoops in the basketball court, or
- running on the track
- Members 16+ years of age may enter the YMCA without restrictions.
- Members 13-15 years of age may use the YMCA by themselves after having completed our Teen Program with a personal trainer.
- Children 12 and under MUST be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian (18+) to enter the YMCA for any reason, including lessons or programs.
Currently, the Brooks Family YMCA is offering access to:
Floorplan/map (PDF) >