Welcome to the YMCA!
As a new member, you have joined more than a gym - you have joined a nonprofit community committed to supporting our neighbors in need.
Our community is supportive, inclusive, and welcoming. We hope you'll love it here!
As a Brooks Family YMCA member, you are also part of the Piedmont Family YMCA organization, a Charlottesville-area nonprofit operating:
- The Brooks Family YMCA
- The YMCA Early Learning Center at the Jefferson School
- Educational programs in Greene Co. and Charlottesville
- Cavalier Aquatics, a competitive swim team
We are committed to build the foundations of community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
For Brooks Family YMCA hours, location, policies, and more, visit:
Your First Visit
- Arrive 15 minutes early before your first workout.
- Bring a valid photo ID to activate your account.
- Student membership requires an ID with an expiration date.
- You will receive a membership card, which you will use to scan in on each visit.
- We will take your photo and link it with your account / card.
- Please ensure your up-to-date email address(es) are on file at our front desk.
- Remember to bring a face covering, since masks are required.
To review the Brooks YMCA membership agreement at any time, visit:
- The Brooks Family YMCA facility meets or exceeds the most up-to-date guidelines from the Virginia governor.
- Please do NOT come to the YMCA with symptoms of illness.
- Masks are required, except while using cardio equipment, attending most group exercise classes, swimming in the pool, shooting hoops, or running on the track.
- Please stay 10+ feet apart from others at all times.
- Remember to wipe down all equipment + follow posted signage.
- Respect capacity limits in all areas of the Y: 42 on Wellness floor, 15 on Mezzanine, 15 in downstairs functional training area.
View all our COVID-19 precautions:
- Reservations open 48 hours in advance and are required for the pools, basketball court, group exercise classes, and Stay & Play (child care while you work out).
- There is a $15 no-show fee for unused + uncancelled reservations.
- You must cancel at least one hour in advance for group exercise.
- To make a reservation, you will sign in to Virtuagym.
- New users, please visit or call the membership desk at (434) 974-9622 to set up your account.
- Each member on the account will need a separate Virtuagym login for reservations.
- More info: Virtuagym Member Guide [PDF] >
[Updated Jan 2021]
- When you arrive for your reserved activity, let a Membership Representative know you need to be checked in for a reservation.
Download the Brooks YMCA app
- Search for "Brooks YMCA" on the App Store or Google Play to download our new app.
- Use same login as for Virtuagym
- Make reservations via this app for classes, the pool, and more.
- Use the barcode feature to check in at the Y.