Welcome to the YMCA!
As a new member, you have joined more than a gym - you have joined a nonprofit community committed to supporting our neighbors in need.
Our community is supportive, inclusive, and welcoming. We hope you'll love it here!
As a Brooks Family YMCA member, you are also part of the Piedmont Family YMCA association, a Charlottesville-area nonprofit operating:
- The Brooks Family YMCA
- The YMCA Early Learning Center at the Jefferson School
- Educational youth programs in Charlottesville and Greene Co.
- Cavalier Aquatics, a competitive swim team
We are committed to building the foundations of community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
For Brooks Family YMCA hours, location, policies, and more, visit:
Your First Visit
- Arrive 15 minutes early before your first workout.
- Bring a valid photo ID to activate your account.
- You will receive a membership card, which you will use to scan in on each visit.
- We will take your photo and link it with your account / card.
- Please ensure your up-to-date email address(es) are on file at our front desk.
- Remember to bring a face covering if you are not yet fully vaccinated or wish to wear a mask in the facility.
To review the Brooks YMCA membership agreement at any time, visit:
- Reservations open 48 hours in advance and are required for the lap pool, group exercise classes, and Stay & Play (child care while you work out).
- There is a $15 no-show fee for unused + uncancelled reservations.
- You must cancel at least one hour in advance for group exercise or lap swimming.
- To make a reservation, you will sign in to Virtuagym.
- New users, please visit or call the membership desk at (434) 974-9622 to set up your account.
- Each member on the account will need a separate Virtuagym login for reservations.
- More info: Virtuagym Member Guide [PDF] >
[Updated Jan 2021]
- When you arrive for your reserved activity, let a Membership Representative know you need to be checked in for a reservation.
Free FitPath Orientation
- New members can book a FREE FitPath orientation session with a certified Wellness Coach.
- During your session, you will:
- explore our Wellness floor
- become familiar with our cardio and strength machines
- discuss your health and wellness goals
- To book your FitPath session, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Download the Brooks YMCA app
- Download our "Brooks YMCA" app the App Store or Google Play using the links below.
- Use your Virtuagym login to access the app.
- Make reservations via this app for classes, lap swimming, and Stay & Play.
- Use the barcode feature to check in at the Y.
- The Brooks Family YMCA facility meets or exceeds the most up-to-date guidelines from the Virginia governor.
- Please do NOT come to the YMCA with symptoms of illness.
- In accordance with CDC guidance, masks are now optional for people who are fully vaccinated. Please continue to wear a mask if you have not yet been vaccinated or if you wish to wear one as a personal safety measure. Since children under 12 cannot yet get vaccinated, all youth ages 5-12 and staff working directly with youth are required to wear a mask until further guidance is issued.
- Remember to wipe down all equipment + follow posted signage.
View all our COVID-19 precautions: