The YMCA After School program in Charlottesville City Schools is a safe, fun, nurturing, and dependable enrichment program for CCS students in grades K-6.
This Virginia-licensed child care program is offered on site at the Charlottesville City Schools, at every Charlottesville City Schools elementary school (Burnley-Moran, Clark, Greenbrier, Jackson-Via, Johnson, and Venable) and at Walker Upper Elementary School.
With a focus on engaging children in a wide range of enriching activities, YMCA After School operates every day that children attend school, beginning at school dismissal and closing at 5:30 pm.
YMCA After School is designed to support childrens’ academic achievement and social-emotional development. Experienced, child-focused staff provide students with:
The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for the growth and development of your child.
A non-refundable fee of $25 per child will be due at registration. There is a 10% sibling discount on the weekly rate. See next section for additional information about financial assistance.
|$30,000 or less||*||*|
*Please contact Charlottesville Department of Social Services at 434.970.3400 as you qualify for assistance under the Child Care Subsidy Program. Other families may qualify depending on family size.
**Rate for all Charlottesville City Schools employees.
***Household income is defined as Adjusted Gross Income for all parties of the household as stated on line 11 on Form 1040 of your tax return.
In addition to our sliding scale, Y provides scholarships to ensure that nobody is turned away from the Y for inability to pay. To apply for a YMCA scholarship for After School, families may:
If you have questions or need assistance with this process, please contact Bonita Patton at email@example.com.
As a licensed program, YMCA After School is able to accept Virginia DSS assistance aimed at helping parents in need afford child care.
Spots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis so please register your child as soon as possible.
Reserve your child’s spot online here:
1) If you have signed up for YMCA programs before, you already have a Daxko account! Please log in to your existing account to register your child(ren) for After School. Select “forgot password” if necessary.
2) If you are a NEW USER, you will be asked to create a FREE, NON-MEMBER user account in Daxko.
3) While you are creating a new Daxko account, when it asks if you’d like to ADD ANOTHER MEMBER, please say “yes” and add your child(ren) to your account.
4) Once your Daxko account is created, navigate to Programs → After School → CCS After School 2022-23 to sign your child(ren) up for the program.
5) Please make a reservation for each child who will be attending After School.
We will contact participants who have finished step 1 in order to fill out paperwork and complete their registration in the program.
Questions? Contact Cassandra Barnes, Director of School Age Child Care, at firstname.lastname@example.org.