Please bring your own water bottle (for all classes) and mat (for pilates, yoga, etc.).
Members are spaced 10 feet apart while exercising, per Virginia guidelines.
Reservations are required. Each class will be closed after 14 members have signed up, and reservations open 48 hours in advance of an activity. Because our capacity is limited, please do not sign up for more than 2 classes per week.
Please note: we ask that you do not visit the YMCA if you have had potential symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 48 hours, or if you have had close contact with a known carrier of COVID-19 in the last two weeks.
We have a new scheduling system for group exercise classes starting Monday, June 15: the Brooks Family YMCA Virtuagym portal!
Before making your first reservation, you will need to activate your Virtuagym account.
• Look for an email sent by the Brooks Family YMCA with an invitation to activate your account. (Remember to check your junk mail/spam!)
• If you received the email invitation, click on the link it provides and follow the instructions. You’ll need to choose a login and password for Virtuagym.
• If you cannot find the email, we may not have your individual email address on file (we only have one email address for some family memberships). In this case, please call us at (434) 974-YMCA or visit the membership desk for help in activating your individual account.
• Go to “Schedule” in the left-hand navigation menu
• Go to the Group Exercise, Family Pool, or Lap Pool calendar (choices above calendar) • Click on the class or pool lane you wish to reserve
• Click “Book Now”
• You’re done! You may view all your personal reservations under the “Activity Calendar” or “Club Account Info” in the left-hand menu.
If you have trouble signing up online, please call our Membership Call Center at (434) 974-YMCA and a YMCA staff member will help walk you through the process.