Join us at the Cville 10-Miler on March 25!
Our YMCA is so excited to be a beneficiary of the Cville 10-miler this year! This prestigious footrace has raised money for local charities for more than 40 years.
Race day is Saturday March 25! You can:
You can still sign up to volunteer! Go to: runsignup.com/c10m
If you have any problems signing up, please contact Alice at email@example.com or (434) 270-8709 for help.
SIGN UP TO RUN:
Runners can sign up at runsignup.com/c10m
TRAIN WITH THE Y:
Join our 10-Miler training Facebook Group for support and inspiration: facebook.com/groups/ymcarun
Updates for YMCA volunteers
Thank you for volunteering with the Y at the Cville 10-miler this year. A few important updates:
- Please remember that the race will go on rain or shine! Supplying volunteers for the race is an important part of our YMCA’s commitment to honor our obligations as a 10-miler grant recipient this year. THANK YOU for coming out to volunteer no matter what the weather is like!
- Please make sure to dress warmly, and bring a umbrella in case of rain.
- Remember to pick up your volunteer packet before the race at one of the following times:
- Wednesday, March 22nd from 11:00AM to 2:00PM at Brooks Family YMCA; 151 McIntire Pk Dr, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- Thursday, March 23rd from 4:00PM to 7:00PM at Brooks Family YMCA; 151 McIntire Pk Dr, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- Friday, March 24th from 4:00PM to 7:30PM (in conjunction with Runner Packet Pickup) at Student Activities Building (SAB); 1815 Stadium Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22903. The SAB is in the parking lot of Scott Stadium near the intersection of Stadium Rd and Alderman Rd.
Click here for a map of the Scott Stadium area.
- If you pick up your volunteer packet at the YMCA, you can get your Y swag then as well – we have a YMCA baseball cap for each volunteer! We’ll bring any extras with us on race day. No matter where you pick up your packet, the 10-Miler will have a volunteer T-shirt there for you.
- ON RACE DAY: we have three volunteer locations – the McCormick Road Water Stop, Finish Line Water Stop, and Finish Line. The 10-Miler should have sent you a reminder of your assignment. Any questions, email Alice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the volunteer times and coordinators for our locations:
- McCormick Road Water Stop – 6:15 am to 9:45 am
On McCormick Road near Gilmer Hall and Chemistry Building
Coordinator: Mindy Dodge – YMCA Senior Director of Aquatics & Sports - email@example.com
- Finish Line Water Stop – 7 am to 9:45 am
Scott Stadium near Bryant Hall
Coordinator: Ashley Wright – YMCA Teen, Youth & Family Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finish Line – 7 am to 9:45 am
Scott Stadium near Bryant Hall
Coordinator: Alice Dontanville – YMCA VP of Marketing & Development – email@example.com
We’ll have Y swag, signs, and music – it will be a lot of fun!
- Parking – There is parking for volunteers at Scott Stadium. Click here for more details & a map of the Scott Stadium area.
Questions? Email Alice Dontanville at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the race, you can visit the 10-miler website: cville10miler.com