Current YMCA Sports Policies & COVID Guidelines:
COVID Positive Policy
- If a player tests positive for COVID, they must isolate at home for 5 days - no practices or games at the Y.
- Day 0 is the first day that the player had symptoms or tested positive if asymptomatic.
- If fever free for 24 hours without using Tylenol/Advil, player can return to the Y on Day 6. For days 6-10, player will need to wear a mask during practices and/or games.
- If the player does not wish to wear a mask while on the court, they can return on day 11.
COVID Exposure Policy
- If a player has been in close contact and exposed to COVID:
- If the player is fully vaccinated (and boosted, if eligible), they do not need to quarantine at home, but must wear a mask through day 10.
- If unvaccinated, the player should quarantine at home - no practices or games - for 5 days. Day 0 is the day of exposure. Player can return to practices/games on Day 6 and will need to wear a mask during practices and/or games through Day 10.
For more about COVID guidelines, testing, and vaccination, visit: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/blue-ridge/